Function Disabled

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Post Extraction

So I got my wisdom teeth pulled today. I was so incredibly nervous before hand. They gave me a pill to calm  me down before. Glenn drove me to my appointment. Saying goodbye to Glenn before I went in made me cry. But then I went into the room and they gave me a nice warm blanket when I laid down. They took my blood pressure and inserted my IV sedation which I, who hates needles, did not feel at all. Which was awesome. I expected it to hurt and it didn't :)    then I got oxygen tubes for my nose and a clip on my finger, but I forget what thats for. Then the doctor came in and asked me who was driving me home. I said Glenn. But I'm really driving. And they laughed  :)

next thing I remember they said its time to go and to sit in the wheelchair.  I don't remember anything else til I  see our stairs at home. But I can't remember walking up the stairs. I know I went to sleep. But I had to take the steroid pills. I took one and felt really really nauseous. but tried to sleep it off. Glenn gave me jello which I tried to eat but made me sick. :(
A big thanks to the people who work at Tomasetti and Mclain Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. They are a fantasic staff who know what they are doing.
Thank you to Glenn for helping me all day today. I know it wasn't easy.
thanks for my family and friends back home, even though you couldn't be here to support me I know you were supporting and praying back home.
And the biggest thank you of all goes to God. For calming me when it came time to do the extraction and for being there whenever I am afraid.

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10






No comments:

Post a Comment