Function Disabled

Monday, February 11, 2013

no spend month

So I saw this post online  No Spend Month and I thought that was such a fantastic idea. Glenn and I are moving soon and trying to save as much money as we possibly can so I thought.... why not try ?
I think it was a fantastic idea to get into the habit of not spending unnecessary money. I, of all people, need that the most since I make impulse purchases. I'll see something and say oh its only..  5 bucks...  10 bucks or however much that is and then get it.

Well this is going to be the end of that. I'm giving us $250 for the month of March. but I don't want to wait to start then so for the rest of February I'm going to say $150 since we just spent 100 bucks on groceries this week...
And really, there is only two of us so if that family of 5 can do it, we should do it no problem.

I've made a list of all the items we have in our pantry/fridge so I'll be able to plan meals better. As long as I can stay away from Target I should be good with no spending splurges.

*side note, this does NOT include bills (car payment, rent, phone bill, etc) So obviously the things we have to pay every month is going to get paid. This is just all the extra money.




Our brand new house's backyard and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment