Function Disabled

Thursday, November 7, 2013

We bought a house!

So I'm a little behind since I just started writing again.  
In April this year we bought our first house.
Its blue, just like my parents first house and we love it!
It did need a lot of work since we bought a HUD property. 
Everyone asks us where the front door is. 
But in Colorado its more common to have the garage in front then the door.

Here are the before pictures: 

our master bedroom before
Its awful isn't it?
the kitchen
which didn't come with appliances that worked. 

and the staircase that I despised from the beginning. and the awful ceiling fan in the dining room

and the basement, which was finished but very dirty.

These are the after pictures
i know this is a bad picture, but the basement looks so much better
still don't love the wood staircase, but its a good enough face lift for now
the new and improved master (minus that one wall... we were waiting on new windows.
I'll have to take an updated picture of the house now that we are all settled in


It was a lot of work, and we did most of it ourselves.
We got rid of the popcorn ceilings.
My mom and I painted.
We got new carpet and appliances. 
New windows in the Master Bedroom.
My dad redid the wiring in the kitchen because he found illegal wiring in the wall.
( no wonder the microwave didn't work )
my dad renovated our guest bathroom too. 

I love this house <3











No comments:

Post a Comment